Stoic News

By Dave Kelly

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Automatic Negative Thoughts and Their Cognitive Distortions


ChatGPT,

Please generate fifty Automatic Negative Thoughts and the cognitive distortion(s) that can be associated with each.


"ChatGPT"

"Sure! Here are fifty Automatic Negative Thoughts (ANTs) along with the cognitive distortions that can be associated with each:

• "I'll never succeed at anything." (Filtering)

• "Nobody likes me." (Mind Reading)

• "I'm a failure." (Labeling)

• "Everything always goes wrong for me." (Overgeneralization)

• "I'm worthless." (All-or-Nothing Thinking)

• "I'll never be good enough." (Magnification/Minimization)

• "I'm always to blame." (Personalization)

• "No one cares about me." (Emotional Reasoning)

• "I'll never find love." (Fortune Telling)

• "I can't trust anyone." (Jumping to Conclusions)

• "I'm so stupid." (Self-Blame)

• "I'll never get better." (Hopelessness)

• "I'm a burden to others." (Excessive Responsibility)

• "I always mess things up." (Selective Abstraction)

• "I'll never achieve my goals." (Disqualifying the Positive)

• "I'm a loser." (Labeling)

• "Nothing good ever happens to me." (Overgeneralization)

• "I can't do anything right." (All-or-Nothing Thinking)

• "Everyone is better than me." (Comparisons)

• "I'm destined for failure." (Catastrophizing)

• "Nobody understands me." (Mind Reading)

• "I'm unlovable." (Emotional Reasoning)

• "I'll never be successful." (Fortune Telling)

• "I always make mistakes." (Overpersonalization)

• "I'll never be happy." (Hopelessness)

• "I'm always the problem." (Personalization)

• "I'm not capable of anything." (Magnification/Minimization)

• "I'll never overcome my problems." (Permanence)

• "I'm such a disappointment." (Self-Blame)

• "I'll never be able to change." (Inflexibility)

• "Nobody cares about my opinion." (Mind Reading)

• "I'm a failure in everything I do." (Overgeneralization)

• "I'll never be good enough for anyone." (Self-Invalidation)

• "I'm always overlooked." (Selective Abstraction)

• "I'll never be successful like others." (Comparisons)

• "I'm a hopeless case." (Catastrophizing)

• "Nothing ever works out for me." (Overgeneralization)

• "I can't trust anyone; they'll only hurt me." (Jumping to Conclusions)

• "I'll never achieve my dreams." (Fortune Telling)

• "I'm always at fault." (Personalization)

• "I'm so stupid; I'll never learn." (Self-Blame)

• "I'll never be happy no matter what." (Hopelessness)

•  [?] others." (Excessive Responsibility)

• "I'll never get it right." (Perfectionism)

• "I'm such a loser." (Labeling)

• "Nothing good ever happens to me." (Negativity Bias)

• "I can't do anything right; I always fail." (All-or-Nothing Thinking)

• "Everyone else has it so easy." (Comparisons)

• "I'll never find true happiness." (Catastrophizing)

• "I'm always alone." (Overgeneralization)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home