Stoic News

By Dave Kelly

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The Cosmological Argument for the Existence of God

Keith Seddon is, as far as I know, the leading Stoic in the world. He is the co-moderator of the International Stoic Forum and has recently resumed regular posting there upon finishing a book on Epictetus which will be out this fall. What Keith has to say can benefit all. A very recent post:

"Here is one argument for the existence of God, the Cosmological Argument, which I wheel out on this Forum roughly once a year. (It is saved in the Files section of the Forum.) I have not seen an attempt to refute it (tho I think one or two people have offered what they take to be a refutation), and I have not seen a refutation that urges me to abandon my acceptance of the argument.

"The Cosmological Argument for the Existence of God, as far as I know, was not known by the ancient Stoics, who refer to only the Argument from Design.

"The following is a slightly amended version from Tom Morris's PHILOSOPHY FOR DUMMIES (p. 248):"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home